When you do not want to use the traditional wire braces or metal brackets to deal with certainly dental problems, you may think of going for an Invisalign treatment. The treatment works great for most people and is a popular choice because it is less painful as compared to other options. Another good thing about this treatment is that it does not stop you from brushing your teeth, which is quite a task when you opt for traditional braces.
However, it is important to bear in mind that Invisalign is still an orthodontic treatment and you have to pay attention to certain points to make it work in your favor. Here are few tricks to get the most of the treatment:
- Be sure to floss regularly. Many people forget about flossing their teeth, while others do not floss as often as they should be. After your treatment, you should floss daily. It is important because the aligners can get dirty by holding any gunk that may be left after brushing. Therefore, you should not overlook the importance of flossing daily when you have undergone the Invisalign treatment.
- Be sure to wear the tray for as much as you can. Even your dentist would recommend wearing it most of the time for at least the first couple of days of getting your aligner tray. In fact, it is a good idea to remove it only when you want to brush your teeth. Stick to this routine for the first 48 hours and you will get the best results from your Invisalign treatment.
- Continue wearing them often after the first 48 hours. Ideally, you should wear the tray more often, but you should at least be wearing it for 22 hours daily to make your treatment work.
- Be sure to change your aligners in a timely manner. You need to talk to your dentist and learn when to have your aligners changed. Your dentist is in the best position to tell you to continue using the aligner for a few more days. When they say you can remove it, only then should you be using a different tray.
- Be ready to feel a bit weird during the first few days of the treatment. You will have to learn how to wear the aligners properly because failing to use it correctly would affect the final outcome. Understand that the aligner is going to feel weird for some time because it will push against your teeth. Keep wearing it and you will eventually get used to it.
The crux of the matter is that going for an Invisalign treatment is a popular and effective way to treat dental flaws, but you should ensure that you opt for an experienced dentist and always follow their instructions to get the best results. The treatment works better than other dental procedures, but you will still need to follow your doctor’s advice and pay special attention to keep your aligners clean. So, educate yourself about it and always follow the abovementioned tips to get good results.