If you are a bodybuilder, you may have to go through a lot to keep your body in the form you need. A large number of supplements may be available, but some of them might not work, and others, do more harm than good. This is where HCG can be of help. HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a hormone that is usually produced in humans in a quantity that is barely detectable, and in relatively higher levels by cancerous tumors and the embryos of pregnant women. In fact, it is the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin that is detected in pregnancy tests.
While many bodybuilding supplements and ‘cures’ can cause major harm after a duration, HCG will not. HCG is already found in the human body, and acts as a replacement for the luteinizing hormone lost due to anabolic steroid cycles without affecting the rest of the body. This makes it completely safe for use.
How It Can Help
HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin can counter some major problems bodybuilders face. These are some of the ways the HCG injections can help bodybuilders adjust to their lifestyle as well as eliminate some major problems:
- Anabolic steroid cycles can induce testicular degeneration by suppressing the production of luteinizing hormone. Due to the absence of necessary signal luteinizing hormone is responsible for, testicular degeneration initiates and the production of testosterone is harmed. The Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is similar to luteinizing hormone, which is why it stops testicular degeneration and restores the normal activity of testes.
- HCG restores the production of testosterone, which also restores the shrunken testes to their original size.
- The Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone can also help people burn fat and lose weight, provided that a highly limited diet is followed. HCG, according to some, causes the body to utilize stored fat in the presence of a diet limited to 500 calories a day, and counters the stimulus of hunger.
- HCG makes it possible for bodybuilders to take steroids and grow their muscles faster without worrying about the outcome. HCG will counter all major problems by exploiting its similarities to luteinizing hormone.
Though it is safe to say that using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin won’t hurt you, there still are a number of side effects that need to be considered before use:
- Taking HCG for a long time or in high doses can inhibit the biological production of luteinizing hormone. If not, it may desensitize the testes to luteinizing hormone which is released by the pituitary gland to encourage testosterone production on males.
- HCG may sometimes cause gynaecomastia, an abnormal enlargement of breast in males. The Human Chorionic Gonadotropin makes the body convert the testosterone into estrogen, a hormone found in females. Estrogen supports the development of female sexual characteristics, which is why use of HCG may result in gynaecomastia. However, many bodybuilders take HCG with an estrogen blocker, which helps prevent the occurrence of this condition.