Before knowing the different headache treatment, you must know the types of headache. The major one is the cervicogenic headache which refers to the chronic headache which is perceived as the pain multiple or one cranial regions or the face, but mainly originates from upper cervical spine called as neck. This headache generally occurs as the result of lesion of cervical spine or due to the neck disorder. The clinical exam is even imperative for the cervicogenicheadache which needs to be diagnosed properly. Usually the objective or comprehensive examination by the physiotherapist is required for the diagnose of cervicogenic treatment but in few cases the additional tools as the CT scan, X-Ray, MRI are necessary for reaching the accurate diagnosis or before such headache treatment can start off.
The options for cervicogenic headache treatment
- The approach of it mainly requires the following things as the manual therapy, physical therapy
- the 5D in which the functioning of impaired motor and the sensory integrity gets associated with the non-progressive disorders of central nervous system which is acquired in the adulthood or adolescence.
- The cervicogenic exercises for headache which includes the strengthening moves which works for deep neck flexor and the upper quarter muscle
- Some of the thoracic manipulation and other exercises also helps
Some of the educational tools can also be provided by the experts for helping patient with the cervicogenicheadache as,
- Educating patient on the craniocervical spine flexors muscle
- The co-contraction of neck extensor and flexor
- Retraining strength of superficial and the deep flexor synergy
- Retraining of scapular muscle
- The methods for proper posture
- Sensorimotor trainings which includes the progressive exercises
Some of the most common symptoms of the cervicogenic headache includes as they are known for originating in upper cervical region of spin thus their causes includes the disorder or lesion of neck, injury, illness and more. Moreover, they are also caused by few of the activities which put the excessive stress on upper joints of cervical spine or the neck. They even arises due to the following reasons,
- The long term slouching or the poor posture
- The heavy weight lifting
- Excessive twisting of neck or bending
- The use of computer for long hours and the activities which need the arms to be held out
- The whiplash result
How headache treatment by experts can help?
If you outsource the best treatment from the experts then it can be the most sensible and comprehensive approach for treating the cervicogenic headache. They take time which is important for validating the proper functioning and structural diagnosis for determining best course of the treatment. All experts are well trained in different fields and are well-versed with the manual and extensive therapy, the sport injuries and more. They hold the long years of experience which have taught them and made able in producing the premium result with the maximum success by the integration of the mixture of treatment styles into the protocols. Know more about them online.